- About Us
- Copiers, Printers & Multifunction
- Managed Print Services
- Industry Solutions
- Software Solutions
Rules Based Printing: HP Access Control Intelligent Print Manager
Rules based printing allows businesses to better manage their print environment, achieve significant, tangible cost savings and reduce waste. Consider the following:
How many times a day does a print job get sent to a printer?
How often do print jobs get left on the printer and then thrown away or end up in the wrong hands?
How often are documents printed more than once?
How often are web pages and emails printed unnecessarily on a color printer?
HP’s Intelligent Print Manager is a rules based printing solution that allows organizations to:
- Cut the hard costs of printing by substantially reducing the waste of paper and toner
- Route jobs to the most appropriate, cost effective device and balance device workloads
- Better assess and deliver print capabilities where they are needed, ie. color or high-speed capabilities
- Change printing behaviors to support company waste-reduction goals and green initiatives
- Charge back print cost to individual departments and/or cost centers
How does it work?
With HP's Intelligent Print Manager print jobs are analyzed and then routed based on a pre-determined set of rules and conditions. Print jobs can be routed to a particular printer; automatically printed in duplex, economy mode, or gray scale; stamped with the user’s information; or even not printed at all. Intelligent Print Manager will also send a notification to the person who sent the print job making them aware of any changes. This helps manage expectations along with managing workflows and improving productivity.